My Amazon Baby Registry bag arrived and I feel like I won the lottery.
Ok - that might be a little dramatic - but getting my hands on a registry bag was really tough (more on that later) so when it arrived I was beyond excited for it. I had tried to get one during my first pregnancy but they were constantly sold out. This time around I happened to get lucky and got one!
I opened it up and there are so many little goodies inside! The content is all over the place, but they did put some thought into this one (no pun intended). There's everything from diapers to formula samples to breast milk storage. Here's a look inside the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Bag.
Need to create your Amazon baby registry? Click here to create a free one!
What is the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Bag?
First off- what is an Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Bag? It's a "free" bag that you can order that has a bunch of samples inside. I say "free" because you technically need to spend at least $10 off your Amazon Baby Registry to get the welcome bag for free. You could also buy the bag outright for $35, but I wouldn't recommend doing that.
Related Post: Baby Registry Essentials
What's Inside the Amazon Baby Registry Bag?
Now the fun part! Inside the bag:
- Cute Animal Onesie
- Hat, socks and matching mittens
- Dreft Laundry Detergent Sample
- Aquaphor Sample
- Avent Bottle
- Water Wipes
- Huggies Diaper Samples (3)
- Baby Bum sample
- Balmex Diaper Cream sample
- Cetaphil sample
I was surprised that there really weren't any coupons included in the bag like other retailers usually do. I did like that they included things like clothes, but other than that I was a little underwhelmed when I compared it to the Target bag. I don't think it lives up to the $35 advertised value.
How to Order A Free Registry Bag
Not going to lie - it was kinda like jumping through hoops to get this bag. Unlike other registry's (like Target) where you just sign up for a registry and get one, Amazon has a few more requirements.
- Sign up for a Free Baby Registry - Go to their site and sign up for a free registry account. I like their registry because not only can you add items from Amazon, but you can also add on items from other retailers.
- Go Through the Registry Completion Guide - Once you have your registry created, Amazon will walk you through recommended product categories (like diapers, bottles, clothes, etc.) and suggest things you can add to your registry. Amazon requires you to add on at 50% of the categories on the checklist to become eligible for the free registry bag.
- Purchase At Least $10 in Items off Your Registry - Once your checklist is 50% complete, Amazon requires you (or someone else) to purchase $10 off the list. I didn't have a lot on my registry that I wanted to buy so I ended up adding on some non-registry items I was planning to order to get the $10 minimum and that worked too.
- Wait - You need to wait until the $10 ships before you becoming eligible to get the welcome bag for free.
- Order the Bag - Once your order ships, you can order the bag through this listing - that is, if it's in stock. The bags go out of stock really quickly so keep an eye on the listing page. When it's back in stock, click add to cart and then when you go to check out a promo code will be added to make the registry bag completely free.
Is the Amazon Baby Registry Bag Worth It?
Overall the bag is worth it if you get it for "free", but it's definitely not worth the $35 they offer it for without the registry coupon. It's nice that they have some samples and clothing but compared to other registry bags this one seems to be lacking a bit. For all the hoops you have to jump through to get the bag I expected a little more out of it.
Related Post: Inside the Target Baby Registry Gift Bag