A fun twist on traditional pizza! Have “cupcakes” for dinner with these kid approved Pepperoni Pizza “Cupcakes”. This is an easy and healthy pepperoni pizza recipe. Loaded with flavor but light on calories these healthy pizza cups are a great quick lunch or dinner.
I am a big fan of cupcake meals because they’re perfectly portioned and let’s be honest – they’re cute! My toddler especially loves these and thinks it’s so fun to have cupcakes for dinner. I like to make up a large batch of these to have in the fridge for a quick grab and go lunch or dinner.
This post probably will contain affiliate links. To see my long, boring disclosure click here.
The base of this recipe is really simple and can be customized with different toppings. A few of my favorites are:
- Ground chicken sausage
- Turkey Bacon
Where can I find Wonton Wrappers?
Wonton wrappers can be found in the refrigerated produce section of the grocery store. If you can’t find wonton wrappers, egg roll wrappers can also be used. If you use egg roll wrappers you’ll just need to cut them into smaller squares (4 per sheet).
Can I use homemade sauce instead of store bought?
Absolutely! I like to use store bought when I don’t have any sauce prepped. I really like to make Emily’s authentic Italian tomato sauce.
How to store Pepperoni Pizza Cupcakes
Store the cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. I do not recommend freezing.
When ready to eat, heat up in the microwave or about a minute to minute and a half.
Tools to make the Pizza Cups
More Healthy “Cupcake” Recipes
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup pizza sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup turkey pepperoni, cut into smaller pieces
- ⅔ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
- Place 1 wonton wrapper in each of the cups.
- Spread half the pepperoni evenly in each of the cups. Spoon half of the pizza sauce on top of the pepperoni.
- Sprinkle half the cheese evenly in the cups.
- Place another wonton wrapper in each of the cups and repeat with the remaining pepperoni, sauce and cheese. Do not press down too hard when placing the wonton wrapper!
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top.
- Bake fro 15-18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before eating
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information may vary based on your ingredients