M&M Cookies are soft and chewy in the middle, with a slight crisp on the edges. They’re easy to make and guaranteed to be a hit at your next holiday party or cookie swap!
M&M cookies are hands down my all time favorite cookie. They’re soft and chewy, slightly crunchy on the edges and bursting with chocolate.
I started making these M&M cookies to bring to cookie swaps and they were instantly a hit – in fact, I even won a work cookie swap contest with this recipe! It’s a simple recipe that can be customized based on your taste like using different types of M&Ms (peanut butter would be delicious!) to using different colors to make these festive for different holidays.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Sugar: both granulated and brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Salted butter
- White chocolate chips
- and of course, M&M candies!
How to Make M & M Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl using a mixer, combine flour, baking soda, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
Next add your egg, vanilla and chunks of butter. Mix well about 30 seconds or until dough starts to form.
Finally, add white chocolate chips and mix until its well combined.
Spray two baking sheets with non stick cooking spray
When your cookie dough is ready, form into ball about the size of a golf ball. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
To add m&m’s, either press them into the fully formed cookie dough balls then bake or go ahead and bake the cookies and as soon as they come out of the oven, then press your m&m’s into each cookie. (Pressing the m&m’s in after baking looks nicer!)
Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown at 350 degrees.
Serving Size 1 cookie
Number of Servings 24
Calories 137 -Total Fat 4 grams – Saturated Fat 2 grams – Trans Fat 0 grams – Unsaturated Fat 1 grams – Cholesterol 10 milligrams – Sodium 67 milligrams – Carbohydrates 24 grams – Fiber 1 grams – Sugar 16 grams – Protein 2 grams
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container (I like to use these pyrex containers) for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze dough and make cookies later?
Yes! This dough is great made ahead and freeze for later. Frozen cookie dough can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to bake the cookies, take the frozen dough out of the freezer and defrost in the fridge 24 hours before baking.
What types of M&Ms should I use?
I like to use red and green holiday M&Ms to make these cookies festive (you can save time by buying a package of special holiday editions of M & Ms like this one). I usually stick to using plain chocolate M&Ms, but this recipe would also be great with peanut butter, mint or any of the other variations
You could also switch up the colors depending on the holiday!
Can I freeze leftover cookies?
Yes these cookies can be frozen! To freeze, make sure the cookies are completely cooled and then wrap in plastic wrap and store in an airtight freezer container for up to 6 months. To defrost, take cookies out and let them defrost in the fridge for 24 hours.
More Dessert Recipes
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 stick salted butter (room temperature) cut into chunks
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- In a large bowl using a mixer, combine flour, baking soda, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
- Next add your egg, vanilla and chunks of butter. Mix well about 30 seconds or until dough starts to form.
- Finally, add white chocolate chips and mix until its well combined.
- Spray two baking sheets with non stick cooking spray
- When your cookie dough is ready, form into ball about the size of a golf ball. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- To add m&m's, either press them into the fully formed cookie dough balls then bake or go ahead and bake the cookies and as soon as they come out of the oven, then press your m&m's into each cookie.
- Pressing the m&m's in after baking looks nicer.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown at 350 degrees.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g