Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner is a quick and easy healthy recipe that makes a whole meal in under 30 minutes. The turkey meatloaf comes out delicious and moist and will be a meal the entire family will enjoy!
I love sheet pan dinners because they're so quick and easy to make. With only one dish I can create an entire meal for my family - that's a win in my book!
This turkey meatloaf with roasted potatoes and asparagus recipe came about when I was looking to make something healthy and filling for my family using the ingredients I had in my pantry and fridge. The end result was the most delicious and moist turkey meatloaf with tasty roasted potatoes and veggies! This recipe was quickly added to my family's weekly rotation!
Turkey Meatloaf and Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus Recipe Tips
A few tips for the recipe:
- I like to make the turkey meatloaf into 4 mini meatloaves for easy portion controlled servings. You could also make 1 larger meatloaf - just increase the cooking time for about 5 additional minutes.
- You can swap out the potatoes and asparagus for other veggies! A few of our favorites are carrots, broccoli and fresh green beans.
- I like to use store bought Stubb's Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce but you could also use homemade BBQ
How to Store Leftovers
To store leftovers, place the leftover turkey meatloaves and roasted potatoes and asparagus in an airtight container. Leftovers will stay fresh for up to 3 days in the refridgerator.
To reheat, microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
What temperature do you cook Turkey Meatloaf at?
I like to cook turkey meatloaf at 400 degrees
Can I freeze Turkey Meatloaf?
The turkey meatloaf loaves can be frozen up to 5 months. To freeze, wrap individually in saran wrap and then put into an airtight container.
To defrost, take out 24 hours prior to serving and defrost in the refridgerator. Reheat in the microwave.
I do not recommend freezing the potatoes or asparagus.
How can I make Turkey Meatloaf moist?
The secret in this recipe to making the turkey meatloaf moist is using the right amount of BBQ and breadcrumbs. After testing a few rounds I found that this recipe is the perfect balance.
Can I use ground beef in place of ground turkey in this recipe?
Yes! The ground turkey can be swapped out at a 1:1 ratio for ground beef - please note this will make the nutritional information change.
Tools Needed to Make the Recipe
More Healthy Dinner Recipes
- 1lb ground turkey (I like to use 99% lean)
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup light BBQ sauce + ¼ cup light BBQ sauce (divided)
Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
- 12oz mini potatoes, halved
- 6 large Asparagus, cut into smaller pieces
- 2T olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with non stick aluminum foil
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic powder and ⅓ cup BBQ sauce.
- Once mixed, form the meatloaf mixture into 4 mini meatloaves on the sheet pan
- Brush on top of the meatloaves the remaining ¼ cup BBQ sauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine the potatoes, asparagus, olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Mix to cover all the potatoes and asparagus evenly.
- Place the potatoes and asparagus on the sheet pan - try not to layer them on top of each other.
- Bake in an oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the meatloaves are fully cooked through.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 meatloaf and ¼ of the potatoes and asparagus
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 809mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g
Nutrition information calculated by My Fitness Pal and may vary depending on the ingredients you use