Get into the holiday spirit with this Homemade Eggnog recipe! It's the perfect easy recipe that will warm you up and fill your home with the delicious smell of cinnamon and vanilla.
This classic holiday drink is like Christmas in a mug! It's rich and cinnamon, with a hint of vanilla. Add in a little dash of nutmeg to bring this indulgent treat to another level.
Homemade Eggnog Recipe
Get ready to impress your friends and family with this delicious holiday recipe.
With just a few simple ingredients like all-whipping cream, sugar, and cinnamon you can create a holiday drink that will warm everyone up from the inside out.
And let's be honest, there's no better way to spread holiday cheer than with a cozy cup of eggnog in hand.
But this recipe isn't just about the taste - it's also about the experience. My family loves drinking it on the couch while watching our favorite holiday movie - Elf!
It's become a fun family tradition we look forward to every year.
What does Eggnog taste like?
Eggnog has a rich and creamy texture, with a hint of sweetness and warmth from the spices used. The combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla creates a perfect balance that is both indulgent and comforting.
It's like a warm hug in a cup, perfect for cozy nights by the fireplace or holiday gatherings with loved ones.
For those who have never tasted eggnog before, it may seem like an unusual drink. But trust me, once you take a sip of this homemade version, you'll understand why it has become a beloved holiday tradition for many.
And the best part? You can customize the flavors and sweetness to your liking, making it truly your own special recipe.
This recipe includes some ingredients that might be hard to find in all grocery stores, so I found Amazon affiliate links for the exact ingredients you'll need.
Remember, these aren't all the ingredients in this Homemade Eggnog recipe - they're just the ones that might be hard to find.
How to Serve
I like to serve eggnog in festive glasses and mugs with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Here are my favorite Amazon affiliate festive finds for serving:
What to Serve with Eggnog
This recipe goes best with all kinds of delicious holiday desserts and treats. Here are my favorites to serve with this!
- Christmas Popcorn
- Brioche French Toast Casserole
- Thumbprint Cookies with Icing
- Christmas Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- Cranberry Banana Bread
One of our favorite traditions has been to serve eggnog at breakfast with Christmas pancakes. The eggnog goes perfectly with them!
How long does Eggnog last in the fridge?
This recipe can last up to 5 days in the fridge, as long as it is stored in an airtight container. This makes it perfect for making ahead of time for holiday parties or enjoying throughout the week.
However, if you're planning on keeping it longer than 5 days, it's recommended to freeze any leftover eggnog in ice cube trays for future use.
Simply thaw and blend the frozen cubes for a delicious treat anytime!
Best Eggnog Recipes
Indulge in a decadent dessert with this Traeger Eggnog Cheesecake recipe, featuring a creamy eggnog filling and graham cracker crust.
Wake up to a warm and flavorful breakfast with this Crock Pot Eggnog French Toast, made with rich eggnog and cinnamon.
Skip the coffee shop and make your own Starbucks Eggnog Latte at home with this easy copycat recipe.
Add a fun twist to your holiday parties with these festive Holiday Eggnog Jello Shots, featuring layers of creamy eggnog and spiked with your choice of liquor.
What to Mix with Eggnog
Eggnog can be enjoyed on its own, but it's also great as a mixer in various cocktails and other drinks. Here are some ideas for what to mix with eggnog:
- Bourbon or whiskey: This classic combination adds a rich and smoky flavor.
- Rum: For a Caribbean twist, try mixing with dark or spiced rum. It's like a festive version of a piña colada!
- Coffee or espresso: For all the coffee lovers out there, adding some strong brewed coffee or espresso creates a delicious and energizing drink.
- Spices: Add some extra warmth by mixing in some extra cinnamon, nutmeg, or other festive spices.
- Liqueurs: Experiment with different liqueurs like amaretto, Frangelico, or Kahlua to add extra flavor and sweetness.
More Holiday Drink Recipes
Looking for more festive drink recipes? Check out these other popular drinks:
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the egg yolks and granulated sugar. Whisk them together until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, whipping cream, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Mix everything well.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and warm it up. Just before it starts to boil, turn off the heat. Remove the sauce pan from the stove and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the hot milk to the whipped eggs, tablespoon by tablespoon, allowing the eggs to adjust to the temperature gradually. Whisk vigorously while adding the milk.
- Once the milk and eggs are thoroughly combined and whisked, pour everything back into the saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it reaches a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Using a strainer, strain the eggnog into a bottle to get a smooth texture and refrigerate. Serve once the eggnog has chilled and enjoy!
To make this an adult beverage, add in a splash your favorite dark rum or Cognac.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 0gSugar: 41gProtein: 12g