Did you know you can connect your Apple Airpods to a Peloton bike? This is one of my favorite features of the Peloton because I prefer working out with headphones rather than using the speaker. It makes me feel like I'm actually in the studio!
Since the Peloton isn't an apple device it does take an extra step to connect, but once you do it the first time the Airpods will automatically sync every time! Here's an easy to follow guide on how to get your Airpods connected to the Peloton Bike.
Table of Contents
How to Connect Airpods to a Peloton Bike
You can connect your Airpods to the Peloton Bike (both Bike and Bike+) in these easy steps:
Turn on Peloton and Apple Airpods - Make sure both the Peloton and Apple Airpods are on. You can tell if the Airpods are on if when you open the case the little light in the middle turns green.
Click On the Peloton Class
Click On "Bluetooth Audio"
Hold down the white button on the Airpod case until it turns white - make sure to keep your Airpods inside the case while you do this!
The name of the Airpods will display on the screen. Click on it to connect and you're all set!
You can also do this through the settings on the Peloton Bike and following the same steps.
Now when you turn on your headphones near your bike your Airpods name will show up and you can instantly pair them!
Can I Connect Other Headphones to the Bike?
Yes! The Peloton bike is compatible with any bluetooth device so if you have a different pair of bluetooth headphones you can connect those too. Peloton allows you to store many saved devices into the bike so you can have a few pairs of bluetooth headphones saved to the same bike.
What are the Best Airpods to Use with Peloton?
The best pair of Airpods to use is the Airpods Pro. Airpods are compatible with the Peloton bike and have a longer battery life, allowing you to get more time in on your workout (I've used these for 90 minute rides and they've worked the entire time!). They're also waterproof so you don't have to worry about sweating on them and breaking them. My poor old original Airpods only lasted a handful of Peloton workouts before the sweat broke them.
- Active Noise Cancellation: Block out the noise for immersive sound. Or switch to Transparency mode to hear what’s happening around you.
- Customizable fit: Choose from three sizes of tapered silicone tips, each designed for all-day comfort so you’ll forget they’re even there.
- Sweat and water resistant: With sweat and water resistance, AirPods Pro let you work out to your favorite tunes without interruption.
- A super light, in-ear headphone that’s easy to set up with all your Apple devices.
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices*
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
- Charges quickly in the case
- Case can be charged using the Lightning connector
- Rich, high-quality audio and voice
- Seamless switching between devices
- Listen and talk all day with multiple charges from the Charging Case*
Can I Use All Airpod Features with Peloton?
While you can use your Airpods for listening to the classes, some of the other Airpod features won't work with Peloton because Peloton isn't an Apple device. For example Siri won't work with Peloton.
Why Do My Airpods Keep Disconnecting From The Bike?
I've noticed that whenever there's a software update on the bike that my bluetooth connections can act up for a few days after. If your Airpods are disconnecting during the class:
- Check for Software Updates - there might be a new one to fix bluetooth issues.
- Re-pair Airpods - Forget the Airpods from settings and re pair them to the Bike
- Wait it Out - If these 2 don't work, try again in a few days
Once you have your Airpods set up with the Peloton Bike it's super easy every time to get them to sync. If you're an Apple user and are looking for a pair of Airpods to use with your Peloton bike, I highly recommend the AirPods Pro. They make everything much easier and give you an even better Bike experience!
Related Post: How to Connected an Apple Watch to the Peloton Bike
- Apple Airpods
- Peloton Bike or Tread
- Turn on Apple Airpods and Peloton Bike
- Click on Peloton Class
- Click on Bluetooth Audio
- Hold down the white button on the Airpod case until it turns white and goes into "pairing" mode
- The name of the Airpods will show up on the Peloton Bike. Click to connect!
Make sure the Airpods have a charge!
Once you pair the Airpods, they'll automatically show up on the Bluetooth list screen every time you sign on.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin for Later
Save this post for later by sharing to Pinterest!