Instant Pot Chicken Salad is a super easy and delicious lunch or dinner. Chicken salad is coated in spices and light mayo, and tossed with grapes and celery to make the perfect healthy meal! It's perfect served as a sandwich or dip with some pita chips!
When I think of chicken salad, I think back to when I was a kid. It was always an easy meal to make with leftover chicken from dinner. Back then, we'd toss it in a little mayo and seasonings and call it a day.
It wasn't until I was older that I discovered how amazing it was when grapes and a little celery were added to it! The celery gave it a little crunch and a little sweetness from the grapes.
Chicken salad quickly became one of my go-to lunches because it was an easy to make protein-packed dish that I could make a huge batch of and bring to work. I like to pair mine with a little salad to make it a complete meal!
Try out this easy Instant Pot chicken salad for your next lunch or dinner and you won't be disappointed!
To make this recipe, you'll need:
- Frozen chicken breast
- Light mayonnaise (I like to use Hellman's light mayo)
- Diced Celery
- Green or red grapes (or a mix of both!)
- Spices: garlic and onion powder
- A pinch of salt
How to Make Chicken Salad
Place frozen chicken breasts in instant pot.
Add ½ cup water or chicken broth.
Place lid on instant pot. Turn valve to “sealing” position.
Press the manual button. Set to 10 minutes.
Once the chicken has cooked for 10 minutes, allow to naturally release the steam for 10 minutes.
Once it has naturally released for ten minutes, turn the valve to release any extra steam and carefully remove the lid.
Chicken should have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Using two forks, you can shred the chicken or dice it with a knife. Let cool.
Once fully cooled, add mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, celery and grapes. Mix until well combined.
Nutritional information will vary depending on the brand of ingredients you use. Based on what I used, the recipe came out to be 107 calories a serving or 4 WW points. Nutrition information does not include any sides/bread.
Serving Size ⅙ recipe
Number of Servings 6
Calories 107 - Total Fat 3 grams - Saturated Fat 0 grams - Trans Fat 0 grams - Unsaturated Fat 3 grams - Cholesterol 55 milligrams - Sodium 432 milligrams - Carbohydrates 4 grams - Fiber 0 grams - Sugar 3 grams - Protein 15 grams
This recipe is great served as a sandwich with either bread or lettuce wrap to keep it low carb. You could also use pita chips to make it into a fun dip!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I do a Natural Release on the Instant Pot?
Natural release is a fancy way of saying to just let the Instant Pot sit when it's done cooking. When the Instant Pot finishes cooking the keep warm timer will turn on - let the timer hit the 10 minutes and then release pressure (there won't be too much pressure to release).
New to Instant Pot cooking? Check out my ultimate guide here!
How do I Store Leftovers?
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. I don't recommend freezing leftovers.
Can I use fresh chicken breast?
Yes! Fresh chicken breast can be used instead of frozen and same cook times can be used. The difference will be fresh chicken breast will come to pressure a little more quickly than frozen chicken will.
More Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- 1 ½ pound of frozen chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 4 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- ½ cup diced celery
- Handful of halved grapes (green on red)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Place frozen chicken breasts in instant pot.
- Add ½ cup water or chicken broth.
- Place lid on instant pot. Turn valve to “sealing” position.
- Press the manual button. Set to 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooked for 10 minutes, allow to naturally release the steam for 10 minutes.
- Once it has naturally released for ten minutes, turn the valve to release any extra steam and carefully remove the lid.
- Chicken should have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Using two forks, you can shred the chicken or dice it with a knife. Let cool.
- Once fully cooled, add mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, celery and grapes. Mix until well combined.
- To keep this low cal, serve with pita chips, low calorie bread or a lettuce wrap
- Recipe is 4 WW points a serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: ⅙ recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g