Table of Contents
Looking to switch up Taco Tuesday this week? These Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tacos will do the trick! With a light smoky flavor, these tacos will satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
These Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tacos are the perfect way to sneak in a little BBQ during your busy week. These tacos are so flavorful and taste like they they've been in a smoker for hours.
The secret to the smoke taste? Liquid smoke! I was introduced to liquid smoke a few years ago in a recipe and was hooked on it ever since. Add on a little BBQ sauce (I'm loving Stubb's lately), cheese and pineapple and you've got a very tasty and easy to make dinner.
The nice thing about these pulled pork tacos is that they're totally customizable for everyone. You can mix and match toppings depending on what you like - the combinations are endless! Alternatively, you could have them plain - this pulled pork is just that good!
How to Make in the Slow Cooker
I like to make these in the Instant Pot because it's quicker but it can also be made in a slow cooker. In a slow cooker you can cook either on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
What To Serve with Pulled Pork Tacos
Not in the mood for tacos? No problem! I like to make a big batch of pulled pork and then will make a variety of meals throughout the week with it - sandwiches, pizza, or pulled pork bowls served on top of rice. The possibilities are endless!
- 24 oz Plain Pork Tenderloin (I use Hormel)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 6 corn tortillas
- 12 tablespoon BBQ Sauce (I use Stubb's)
- 6 tablespoon Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese
- Pineapple chunks optional
- Place Instant Pot steam rack at the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Put the pork tenderloin on top of the rack. Pour the liquid smoke on top of the pork tenderloin. Pour the water into the Instant Pot.
- Cover and close the Instant Pot. Set to high pressure for 60 minutes
- Allow the Instant Pot to natural release for 10 minutes.
- Once complete, take the pork out and shred in a medium size bowl. Mix in the BBQ Sauce.
- Heat up the corn tortillas in a skillet for about 3-4 minutes
- To serve, take 1 tortilla and fill with ⅙th of the pulled pork. Top with 1tbsp cheese and pineapple
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 489mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 33g