Kencko provided me samples of the smoothies but all opinions are my own.
I'll be the first to admit that I don't always get in my fruits and veggies. I make an attempt each day, but...things happen. I'm working on making it more of a habit and have started using smoothies to up my intake.
In the process of looking up smoothie recipes, I came across the company Kencko and their breakfast smoothies. What makes Kencko different is that they send you a dehydrated smoothie mix packet that you just add to water - no blender required. This especially appealed to me because the reason why I've always steered away from making smoothies is the super loud blender (and buying all the ingredients can get so pricey!). It's also been tough lately to get good produce consistently in our area so this was a great solution.
I've been using the Kencko smoothies for a few weeks now and thought I would share my experience. Here's my complete Kencko Smoothie review.
What is Kencko?
Kencko smoothies are healthy smoothies in a convenient powder form. The smoothies are made out of high quality organic ingredients and don't contain any sugar or fillers. The name "Kencko" means health in Japan and that's exactly what the company focuses on.
To make the packets, Kencko uses a process of "flash freezing" the fruit and veggies so that all the nutrients and vitamins are intact. Once the fruits and veggies are flash frozen, they then dehydrated them to make them into the powder mixes. I'll admit the first time I saw the packets I was a little skeptical about the taste but once I tried it I was really impressed! It tasted exactly like a fresh smoothie!
What's included in a Kencko Box?
When you place an order, you can choose from the size of the box you want - ranging from 7 packets up to 60. I like they give you the ability to select what flavors you like (and exclude the ones you don't!) and will send a box evenly of those flavors. Included with the flavor packets are a dishwasher safe bottle that has all the measurements clearly marked. They customize the boxes for a cute personalized touch!
How do you make a Kencko Smoothie?
One of my favorite parts about Kencko is how easy the smoothies are to make. Just open up the packet, fill the water bottle with the designated amount of water or milk (there's an easy to read line inside the shaker bottle), then pour in the powder packet. Shake until mixed and enjoy!
I really like how easy the smoothies are to make and the fact that I can make them without a blender (huge bonus when I want a smoothie while my daughter is sleeping!). I did notice the water smoothies come out a little thinner in texture than when I used milk, but still super flavorful and delicious.
What Flavors are Available?
As of writing this, there are currently 12 flavors available each:
- Crimsons (Brain Boost) - acai, banana, strawberry, mango, chia seeds and cinnamon
- Jades (Mental Focus) - lime, apple, matcha,zucchini, banana, kombucha, spirulina, dates and chia seeds
- Rubies ( Balance) - raspberries, sweet potato, apple, goji berries, orange, dates, pumpkin, red pepper and chia seeds
- Purples (Anti-Inflammatory) - blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, cranberry, banana, strawberry and dates
- Greens (Energy Surge) - spinach, kale, kiwi, pineapple, apple, banana and ginger
- Aquamarines (Endurance) - pineapple, peach, zucchini, parsnip, dates, lime, blue spirulina, and fennel seed
- Corals (Performance) - beetroot, apple, carrot, orange, mango and ginger
- Golds (Recovery) - cacao, banana, strawberry, pea protein, hemp protein, gates, goji berry, flax seeds and vanilla
- Ambers (Repair) - passion fruit, banana, dates, apple, baobob, yellow beetroot, chia seeds and turmeric.
- Reds (Skin Health) - strawberry, raspberry, banana, apple, dates, ginger and chia seeds.
- Scarlets (Invigoration) - tomato, apple, banana, spinach, dates, chia seeds, cayenne pepper and kombucha.
- Yellows (Immune Support) - carrot, pineapple, banana, mango and cinnamon
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Kencko Vegan?
Yes! All the flavor packets are vegan.
How Much Does it Cost?
The smoothies can range from $2-$5 a serving, depending on the size of the box you order. This is a great deal when you compare it to the fancy smoothie bars that charge way more (or if you were to buy all the ingredients and spices separately)! I like that you can customize the flavors you receive in each box so you know you'll get exactly the ones you want. My favorite flavor is the corals, with the crimsons a very close second.
How Often Are Boxes Sent?
When you subscribe to Kencko you can select how often you want the smoothie packets sent. Currently there are options to have them sent every 2 weeks or monthly. You can skip shipments at any time.
What Can I Mix with Kencko Packets?
Kencko packets can be mixed with almost any liquid. My favorites are:
- Coconut Water
- Almond Milk
I also recently started adding the packets to my daily protein shake and it came out really tasty! I add in 2 scoop protein powder (I use Orgain Vanilla), 8 oz non dairy milk, and a full Kencko packet and mix.
Kencko Nutrition Information
The nutritional information will vary depending on the packet, but generally the packets are:
- 80 calories
- 0g Fat
- 16g Carbs
- 1g Protein
- 0g added sugar
You can get full calorie and nutritional information for each flavor on Kencko's website here.
Benefits of Kencko
I really like Kencko because of how convenient the smoothies are. I would like to have more smoothies in the morning after I workout, but in the past it was tough for me to make time to make them while getting my daughter ready for school. Kencko smoothies are really convenient for me because I don't have to chop up fruits and veggies or think up recipes - they're just grab and go!
How to Order Kencko
Kencko smoothies are currently available to order through their website here.
I've quickly become a big fan of Kencko. All the smoothie varieties are delicious and the smoothies have become a part of my day that I look forward to (I like to have them after my morning workout). The smoothies are so convenient and have definitely helped me stay on track with my fruits and veggies.
Kencko Promo Code
Ready to try Kencko for yourself? Click here to order your first box and use the promo code "Champagne" for 20% off your order!
- In a Blender container, add in the ice cubes, Kencko packet, protein powder and milk.
- Seal the blender and blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a Shaker Bottle, combine the Kencko packet, protein powder and milk.
- Close the cup and shake until well combined.
- Optional: Add in ice cubes to keep it cool and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 9gSugar: 8gProtein: 30g