Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect gluten free dessert. Light and airy with a touch of mint, these cookies won’t disappoint!
When St. Patrick’s Day rolls around I always find myself craving a Shamrock Shake. Mint and chocolate are my favorite combination but I’m not a fan of how much sugar is packed into the shake. These Shamrock Shake inspired cloud cookies will satisfy any shake craving! They’re light and airy and deliver on all the Shamrock Shake flavors, but are only 55 calories each and gluten free.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tips for stiff peaks
- Use room temperature egg whites
- Use fresh eggs, not carton egg whites
- Make sure all yolk is completely removed from the egg white
How to Store Cookies
Store the cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days. I don’t recommend freezing the cookies.
Ideas for Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
The base for these cookies is super versatile and can be mixed with all different types of add-ins. Some other ideas:
- Add in some green food coloring and they can be Shamrock Shake cookies, perfect for St. Patrick’s Day
- Add in some Mini Ande’s chocolates to boost the mint flavor
- Dip the cookies into melted chocolate for an extra chocolate boost
More snack recipes
Mint Chocolate Chip Cloud Cookies
- Baking sheet
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together with a mixer at high speed. Once soft peaks begin to form add in the sugar, a little bit at a time. Slowly add in the vanilla, peppermint extract and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips
- On a baking sheet form 32 cookies, about 1 ½ tablespoons of mixture each
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until dry and slightly golden brown.
Pin for later