Finding pregnancy clothes has always been a struggle for me, and when it comes to finding pregnancy activewear, it's been even more difficult. My goal this pregnancy is to stay as active as I can (for as long as I can), so I've been trying to stock up on maternity activewear.
In this blog post I'll share with you my favorite maternity activewear finds that won't break the bank and will help keep you active all pregnancy long. I primarily do Peloton runs, cycle, and strength workouts and each of these has held up throughout my workouts.
Where to Shop for Pregnancy Activewear
Let's be real - shopping for maternity activewear is tough. Many stores don't carry anything in store, so you're stuck with only shopping online (and even that can be limited!). I used to have some luck finding clothes at second-hand shops, but they've even started limited their maternity selection.
I've been trying out a few different stores, and so far, my favorites to shop at for maternity activewear have been:
Gap - Gap has been my primary place to shop for maternity wear this pregnancy. Their activewear selection is a little thin, but they do have the essentials. The only downside is that they can be a little pricey for clothes you're only going to be wearing for a few months.
Amazon - Amazon has a huge selection of maternity clothes, but the problem is that sizing and quality can vary greatly. I've bought some things that have great reviews, but when they arrive, I've been disappointed with the quality. Thankfully they have a good (and easy) return and exchange policy.
Old Navy - Old Navy is really hit or miss for me. This was my go-to for everything during my first pregnancy, but this time around, their selection is limited, and the clothes fit really weird. I've had good luck with a few of their leggings, but some of the tanks' cuts have been...weird, to say the least.
Pinkblush - Pinkblush is an online retailer that specializes in maternity clothes. They've recently expanded to include activewear, but the selection is still a little limited. Their quality is fairly consistent, though, and they do run a lot of great sales.
Depending on how far along you are, you could also shop in the regular activewear section and go up a size.
Best Pregnancy Tops
- Breathe ON in a soft, breathable stretch knit that feels great for all kinds of moves.
- Rib-knit trim at scoop neck and arm openings.
- Breathable nylon mesh splice down center back.
- Ruched sides create a flexible, flattering fit throughout your pregnancy.
- Ultra-soft, breathable lightweight jersey lets you vent.
- Four-way super stretch for ultimate movement.
- Go-Dry moisture-wicking technology keeps you dry & comfortable.
I live in these tank tops! They're extremely flattering and comfy, and have grown very nicely as my belly's grown. I've washed them many times and they've held up great!
- Breathable jersey knit keeps you cool during your workout.
- Maintains dryness by pulling moisture away from your skin.
- Flatlocked seams create smooth lines and prevent chafing.
- Short sleeves.
- Ruching along sides for more belly room.
This is one of my lounge shirts but it can also be used as a work-out t-shirt. The material is super breathable and the shirt is very flattering. I bought it at the beginning of my 2nd trimester and it's still comfy and flattering into my 3rd.
- Breathable jersey knit.
- Moisture Wicking keeps your skin dry.
- Flatlock seams prevent chafing.
- Long sleeves with thumb holes.
- Ruching along sides for more belly room.
- Slim, fitted silhouette.
This is a long sleeve version and just as comfortable as the short sleeve.
Best Pregnancy Sports Bras
I've stuck with regular versions for sports bras that I ordered one size up from my usual size. My all-time favorite is this sports bra from Target because they're both comfortable and affordable.
Best Pregnancy Bottoms
Pregnancy shorts have been trickier to find but I finally found 2 pairs I love!
I love these from Amazon because they look like regular running shorts, but they also have spandex inside to help prevent chafing. They do run a little small (at least certain colors do), so I recommend ordering one to two sizes up from your regular size.
- Comfortable and breathable fabric
- Mesh shorts with spandex underneath
- Full belly support
These shorts from Gap are another great option but are a little pricier. They run true to size and don't have the spandex underneath as the Amazon ones do, but they have built-in underwear. These run true to size.
- Smooth, breathable, high-performance stretch weave with quick-dry technology.
- gDry Moisture Wicking keeps your skin dry.
- Wide, elasticized waistband with continuous drawcord sits below the belly.
- Hidden built-in pocket at back waistband.
- Built-in undies for comfort with hidden coin pocket.
- Curved hem.
Essential Pregnancy Workout Accessories
Finally the answer to an active woman's pocket problems.
Say goodbye to your pocket struggles, and hello to Koala Clip.
Run, bike, lift weights, or hit the gym and never have to worry about where to put your phone again.
Size guide above will help you select size specific to your phone and case.
Measurements for each size are:
Medium 4" x 6" / Large 4.5" x 6.5" / XL 4.75" x 7"
I like to use Peloton outdoors while I'm running but all my old flipbelts don't fit over my belly. A friend recommended a Koala clip and it's my new favorite way to carry my phone.
The Koala Clip is a pocket that securely clips to your sports bra (or really anywhere) and can store your phone, keys, and any other accessories. The pouch is water proof so nothing will get damaged and it zippers up. I've been using it for a few weeks now and half the time I forget it's even there!
FitSplint Maternity Running Belt
- Made with breathable neoprene, nylon and silicone
- Made in USA and Imported
- Versatile 2 strap support, wear it 3 ways!
- Easy to gently lift belly to help reduce bladder pressure
- Slim, flexible, fully adjustable
This maternity belt has made running a lot easier with my belly. It's adjustable and can wrap below and above the belly to help support during runs.