One of my favorite week night dinner's are Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. Not only is this an easy recipe, but it's also all made on one pan so clean up is so easy to do!
Sheet pan fajitas are my family favorites because they can be customized for everyone. Everyone gets to add on their own favorite toppings to make it perfect for them.
Even the pickiest eater will gobble this recipe up!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Can we take a moment and appreciate how amazing sheet pan dinners are? They're my favorite dinner to make because they come together really fast and cleanup is even faster.
I like to make this dinner on nights when we have a lot of after school activities because it's a protein packed meal that my kids love eating. Their favorite part is being able to pick their own toppings and make the fajitas exactly how they want them.
I love that leftovers make an amazing lunch the next day!
What are the benefits of a sheet pan meal?
There are many benefits when it comes to sheet pan meals.
The biggest benefit is how easy they are to put together. The entire meal is made on one sheet pan, so you don't have to worry about timing everything just right.
Another benefit is that clean up is very easy. Since it's all on one pan you only have to wash the one pan instead of multiple.
The following ingredients are Amazon affiliate links because they might be a little hard to find in a normal store. I wanted you to be able to use exactly what I use in this recipe:
Remember, not all ingedients for Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are linked above, just the ones that might be a little difficult to find.
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items are Amazon affiliate links for items that I use in my kitchen every day. These are my essentials!
Must Have Resources
When making Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas at home, you need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand:
Make it a Meal
I like to make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas as the main course and serve it with a few of my family's favorite sides.
Here is our meal plan when we have this for dinner:
Starch Side: Mexican Rice
Vegetable: Ejotes a la Mexicana (Mexican Green Beans)
How to Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
I recommend storing the chicken fajita mix and toppings separately to avoid anything getting mushy.
To reheat, microwave for 1-2 minutes until completely warmed through and then top with your favorite toppings!
More Easy Sheet Pan Meals
Sheet Pan meals are our family's favorite meal because not only are they delicious, but clean up is so easy. Here are a few more of our favorite sheet pan meals.
Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Potatoes and Veggies is a staple in our house. These mini turkey meatloaves are so cute and my kids always ask for seconds!
Sheet pan meals aren't just for dinner! Sheet Pan Pancakes are an easy way to make breakfast for a crowd.
Another family favorite are Sheet Pan Brown Sugar Pork Chops. This is an easy weeknight dinner that my kids ask for every week.
A fun spin on fish tacos are these Sheet Pan Blackened Tilapia Baja Fish Nachos. We love to make these on Sundays while watching football!
- 2.5 lbs chicken, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon sour cream, for topping
- 1 avocado, diced, for topping
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded, for topping
- 1 lime, juiced, for topping
- 12 flour tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and cover a large baking sheet in non stick aluminum foil.
- Prepare the Chicken and Veggies: In a large mixing bowl, add the diced chicken, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Mexican chili powder, dried oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper to the bowl. Mix until well combined. Then add the minced garlic, sliced red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, and sliced red onion. Mix everything together until the chicken and veggies are evenly coated with the spices and oil.
- Arrange on a Sheet Pan: Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper or lightly greasing it. Spread the seasoned chicken and veggies evenly across the sheet pan, ensuring they are in a single layer. This will help them cook evenly.
- Bake the Fajitas: Place the sheet pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked
- Place a generous portion of the cooked chicken and veggie mixture onto each tortilla. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the filling, add diced avocado, a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella, and a garnish of chopped cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 fajita
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 7gSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gProtein: 30g
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how it was in the comments below!