Deviled eggs are a great appetizer that are surprisingly healthy. These deviled eggs have a secret ingredient that completely replaces the mayo and makes them the perfect gluten free appetizer.
Deviled eggs are one of my favorite appetizers. When I think of Spring I instantly think of them! When I first started trying to eat healthy I started to avoid mayonaise. After a few trials I discovered the greek yogurt made the perfect alternative to mayo in deviled eggs!
s post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure here.
How to Make Perfect Hard-boiled Eggs
I like to make hardboiled eggs in my egg cooker because it makes easy to peel eggs in only a few minutes (and I don't have to watch over the pot!). My favorite egg cooker is the Dash Rapid Egg Cooker because it's small and doesn't take up a lot of space in my kitchen, plus it's under $20. If you make a lot of hard boiled eggs I recommend getting a egg cooker or making them in your Instant Pot.
If you prefer to make hardboil eggs on the stove, here's an easy method:
- Fill a pot with eggs and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and let eggs sit, about 10 minutes.
- Allow eggs to cool in ice water (this will also make peeling easier!)
Recipe Ideas and Tips
- Use a piping bag or cookie scoop to put filling into eggs to make filling neater
- Add in different spices and herbs like chili powder, curry powder or dill to mix up the flavor
- Mix up toppings with capers, salmon, or parmesan crisps
How to store Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs will last 1-2 days after making and should be refrigerated. If you're going to a party it's best to make these a few hours to a day ahead so they have time to chill. Store in an airtight container.
More Egg Recipes
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 4 tbs greek yogurt
- 2 tbps yellow or dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, diced
- paprika (for garnish)
- Slice hardboiled eggs in half and scoop the yolk out. Put yolk into a mixing bowl.
- Combine yolk with greek yogurt, mustard, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Scoop the mixture evenly into the egg shells.
- Top the eggs with the bacon and paprika garnish
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes before serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g